ILM Senior Leader Apprenticeship Level 7 Overview
Senior Leaders are a key component of all types of business models where there is a workforce to lead, manage and support. The broad purpose of the occupation is to provide clear, inclusive and strategic leadership and direction relating to their area of responsibility within an organisation.
Typically, this involves setting, managing and monitoring the achievement of core objectives that are aligned to the overall strategic objectives of their organisation’s board (or equivalent).
Typically, an employee in this occupation will be responsible for:
- Setting direction, vision, governance and providing a clear sense of purpose for their area of responsibility.
- Providing clear and inclusive leadership.
- Identifying longer-term opportunities and risks using data from internal intelligence sources and external influences.
- Developing ethical, innovative and supportive cultures that get the best from people and enable the delivery of results.
- Resources that may include budgets, people, assets and facilities.
- Staying up to date with innovation and championing its adoption.
- Keeping pace with – and responding to change – by leading agile transformation.
- Leading and promoting sustainable business practices.
- Responding and managing crisis situations.